This is a document being compiled by Macworld about compatibility issues with Snow Leopard. Feel free to contribute.
Software that breaks under Snow Leopard
- 1Password 2 (Works in all browsers except Safari (64-bit). Version 3, fixes this. More info here)
- Cyberduck 3.2.1, 3.3b1 Nightly build works
- Glims (build 19)
- Inquisitor 3.2 (v61)
- Juniper Network Connect (Due to a change in Snow Leopard's Java stack, according to this thread.)
- iStat Menus 1.1 and 1.0
- TypeIt4Me is broken, but an update is due out Friday.
- WindowShade (or APE and everything that requires it)
- SCPlugin, a Contextual Menu Item, will have to be rewritten as a Service
- Plaxo, sync your addressbook with plaxo service
- Photoshop 7.0
Software that's been updated for Snow Leopard
Software with some compatibility issues
- BetterZip 1.8.1 (Problems opening TAR and variants - Other formats seem to work)
- Mail bundles such as Mail.appetizer and Letterbox appear to be dead.
- MailTags is in alpha, might only be available by mailing list
- Shimo (Shimo and Cisco VPN client need to be reinstalled, but then it seems to work)
- Support for Input Managers is reputedly gone in 64-bit, so restart the related application in 32-bit mode (via Get Info panel).
- FileMaker Pro 10 and FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced
* Using AppleScript to open .fp7 files, does not open the file; AppleScript command "open file" is now "open"
* Unable to export Excel (*.xls) installed on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
- FileMaker Server 10 and FileMaker Server 10 Advanced
* Installing FileMaker Server 10 and FileMaker Server 10 Advanced on Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
- Net Nanny for Mac 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.0.1, and 2.0.2, think that plugging in a Hard Drive is chatting.
Third-party System Preferences panes that aren't yet 64-bit capable
(When opening a non-64-bit pane, System Preferences will tell you that in order to load the pane, System Preferences will have to quit and relaunch in 32-bit mode.)
(Not 100% sure, but it seems as though 32-bit pref panes that auto-update don't necessarily do so *unless* you launch in 32-bit mode.)
- Connect 360
- FunctionFlip (and it doesn't quite work right either)
- GeekTool 2.1.2
- MacFuse 2.0.3
- SteerMouse 3.9
- TypeIt4Me - Update will be released before Friday.
- The 'Processor' pane (not exactly 3rd party, but it had to be obtained from the Developer folder)
- Net Nanny (All Versions)
- Zino Reader 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0
Third-party System Preferences panes updated to 64-bit status